Tuesday 25 November 2014

Contemporary Elizabethan Make Up Assessment Practise

Contemporary Elizabethan Make Up Assessment Practise



This was my partners face chart and design which I had to recreate. Her idea was to have very pale Elizabethan looking skin on the outside of her face with the red cheeks with a big splash of contemporary in the middle with very dark eyes and  thick eyebrows. She was very good at explaining what she wanted and she gave me a list of all of the products that she wanted me to use. 



Tools & Skincare

Moisturiser/Toner/Cleanser
Foundation Brush
Eyeshadow Brush
A puff
Blusher Brush
Blending Brush

Face

Ultra foundation white skin base 
Supra colour palette white 
Kryolan Foundation palette 

Eyes

Naked 2 Palette 
Brow highlight - foxy/tease
Lid- Verve/busted/blackout
Crease- Blackout

Mascarra- Maybeline falsies 
Eyeliner- Black kohl 
Eyebrows- Avon brown shadow 

Set & Contour 

Ilamasqua translusent powder
Ultra foundation /glamour glow Palette
Blusher - Kryolan youth red
Lips- Kryolan youth red


First try 
My set up







For a first time I am pleased with how it came out. I like the matte and powdery look on the outside of her face because it contrasts with the glitter and glow in the middle of her face. I also like the softness of the blusher because even though it is bight it is blended well with her base. However there are a few things that could be improved. First thing I would improve is the white base as it looks patchy and uneven on the chin especially. Also I would make more of a contrast as it shows on her face chart design between the white base and the darker base by adding more colour and blending as i go rather than all in the end. The eyeshadow is also uneven darker on the other side which needs improving and work. And lastly I would make the eyebrows a little darker and feather through it as it seems to have powder in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment