Tuesday 2 December 2014

Final outcome

Evaluation 


Overall I was pleased with the outcome  because it showed that more we practised better the final look was. I always struggled with matching both eyes the same with the eyeshadow and the eyeliner so I was very pleased when they looked rather similar. Also In the practise the middle of her face always looked too pale so we decided to go 2 shades darker which came out as we planned. However I struggled a lot with the white base as it was very hard to blend and clogged onto dry areas of her face and also onto the blemishes which made it even harder to blend. Although the model had cleansed toned and moisturised it was not done properly which taught me the lesson that these three steps are extremely important for an even application of the base. The blusher was also uneven on both sides as it was rushed which taught me that next time even something as simple as blusher needs to be practised to get it perfect. I
was pleased with myself because i applied the white based down the neck and ears evenly but with a contrast to the skin tone. From this assessment I learnt that practise is key and it will always put you one step ahead. I also learnt that communication with the designer is very important as the overall look has to please them which is why asking for feedback on how and what can be improved can make a massive difference. Practising this look taught me the skills of applying eyeliner and eyeshadow evenly and also the key to a perfect base. 



I am pleased with the eyes especially with the eyeshadow as it is symmetrical on both sides which is what I normally struggle with the most. I also like the contrast between the white and the skin tone however i do think it can be blended in more as Sharon told us it is BUFF NOT FLUFF! The lips could be more even and If i could redo this look I would change the shape of the eyebrows and have the arch pointing upwards giving the face more of a lift rather than following its natural shape and pointing down.
Overall I am happy because this was our first assessment and I tried my best, but i am happy mainly because i proved to myself that with practise my skills can improve a lot and I can become a better make up artist with every practise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment